WTPOC is our newly formed Michigan approved non-profit, which will be the catalyst to build our world class urban farm. The Opportunity Center, adjacent to the farm, will offer programming and employment readiness in organic farming and related fields to local youth and returning citizens.
- Farming training programs and vocational co-ops.
- Advancement to continued education and employment in the food, nutrition, and health services industries.
- Job shadowing and mentoring and paid internships for local youth and returning citizens.
- Economic development with job creation.
- Growing organic produce for residents of Ypsilanti as well as for sale to local restaurants.
- Ypsilanti Township Farmer’s Market to provide the surrounding community access to fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Culinary Arts Training Program.
- Hoop houses.
- Pole barn.
- Producing processing and packaging center.
- Horticulture lab.
- Classroom space.
- Community Center.