There are no words to express our undying gratitude for the love and support you have given us over these last few years. We are truly touched and blessed by your generosity.
We are excited to announce the kickstart of our St. Joe’s $50K Challenge Match Campaign! With this funding we will be able to build the foundation for a healthy, vibrant, and equitable initiative that will directly impact local economic development for generations to come and we believe that it can’t happen without you!
We are proud to announce our newly formed 501(c)3 called We the People Opportunity Center, which we are looking to build at the former Kettering Elementary School in the Sugar Brook neighborhood of East Ypsilanti. Our vision for this 10 acre space includes:
- Hoop houses
- Pole barn
- Produce processing and packaging center
- Horticulture lab
- Culinary arts facility
- Classroom space
- Community Center
For 2019, we hope to start phase 1 of our growing operations infrastructure to build and complete hoophouses and a polebarn.
We also hope to bring to the Ypsilanti Community more opportunities for:
- Organic farming training programs and vocational co-ops
- Advancement to continued education and employment in the food, nutrition, and health services industries
- Job shadowing and mentoring and paid internships
- Increasing economic development with job creation
- Growing organic produce for residents of Ypsilanti
- Increasing local organic produce in local restaurants
- Creating an Ypsilanti Township Farmer’s Market to provide the surrounding community access to fresh fruits and vegetables
- Culinary Arts Training Program.
We hope that you will continue be a part of this journey because without YOU there is no WE!
In Deep Gratitude,
Farmer Parson and the WTPOC Team